USA FREE DELIVERY | WORLDWIDE FROM $150
USA FREE DELIVERY | WORLDWIDE FROM $150
WE PLANT A TREE WITH EVERY ORDER
WE PLANT A TREE WITH EVERY ORDER
OVER 50$ PURCHASE 15% OFF CODE: 15BAILY
OVER 50$ PURCHASE 15% OFF WITH CODE: 15BAILY
When it comes to natural foundation makeup, one size definitely does not fit all. Different skin types and concerns have very different needs. Whether you are just entering the world of beauty or want to learn more about foundation, here is a guide to help you understand the A-Z of natural foundation makeup.
Your natural foundation makeup base can make or break your look. When choosing a foundation, it's important to take into account your skin type and undertone. Not sure what your undertone is? No problem! Here's a quick rundown:
Warm undertones have a yellow, peachy, or golden hue.
Cool undertones have a pink, red, or blue hue.
Neutral undertones fall somewhere in between warm and cool.
Once you've determined your undertone, you can begin to narrow down your foundation options. If you have oily skin, you'll want to look for a foundation that is oil-free and matte. For dry skin, you'll want to find a hydrating foundation with a dewy finish. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to avoid foundations with harsh chemicals or fragrances.
Now that you know your skin type and undertone, it's time to choose a formula and application method that works for you. Powder foundations are ideal for oily skin types as they help control shine and absorb excess oil. Cream foundations are perfect for dry skin types as they provide hydration and create a dewy finish. Liquid foundations are a good option for all skin types as they can be customized to create either a matte or dewy finish.
Foundation application hacks:
1) For a flawless finish, always start with clean, moisturized skin. Apply your foundation with a damp beauty sponge for best results.
2) Don't forget to blend! Use small circular motions to blend your foundation into your hairline, jawline, and neck for a seamless finish.
3) Set your foundation with powder to help it last all day long.
When it comes to foundation, there are a lot of different formulas out there. But not all of them are created equal. Some foundations are better for oily skin, while others are better for dry skin. And then you have different foundations for combination skin, etc.
But one thing that all good foundations have in common is that they create a flawless makeup base for the rest of your makeup. And one of the best ways to create a flawless makeup base is by using a foundation with the right undertone
The right undertone in your foundation will make a big difference in how your makeup looks. It can brighten your complexion, make you look more awake, and even help to cover up imperfections. So if you're looking for a natural foundation that will help you create a flawless makeup base, be sure to choose one with the right undertone.
Foundations are available in all sorts of formulations these days, but liquids are still one of the most popular types. And for good reason: they're easy to work with and can be customised to your own skin tone by mixing two shades together. Plus, they tend to be suitable for all skin types.
One of the best things about natural liquid foundation is that it's usually packed with good-for-you ingredients like vitamins and minerals. So not only will your skin look great, it'll also be getting a boost of nourishment at the same time. So why not give it a try? You might just find that it's your new favourite foundation formula.
When it comes to your face, there are a lot of products on the market that can help you achieve a flawless complexion. But with so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start. If you have normal to oily skin, one great option to consider is loose powder foundation.
Loose powder foundation can help control shine and give your face a natural-looking matte finish. The only downside of loose powders is that they can be messy to work with if you are a beginner. But with regular practice, you will be able to unlock all the benefits this lightweight natural foundation makeup has to offer. We recommend trying the BAILY COSMETICS - TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER. This powder has a buildable coverage that will leave your skin looking smooth and toned. Plus, it's perfect for people with all skin types, including those with sensitive skin.. This mineral powder provides the perfect finishing touch to your makeup base and is available in a collection of shades to fit any skin tone.
Have you ever gone to a makeup counter, found the perfect foundation shade for your skin tone, only to get it home and find that it doesn't look quite right? If so, you may be using the wrong undertone.
Your foundation shade depends on the colour of your skin, but your undertones play a much bigger role in determining the hue of your foundation makeup. A skin's undertone is the colour that comes from underneath the skin. While people's skin may change colours depending on the season and if they have a tan on or not, the undertone of their skin remains the same.
There are three main undertones: warm, cool, and neutral. Warm undertones have a yellow, golden, or peachy base. Cool undertones have a pink, red, or blue base. And neutral undertones are somewhere in between warm and cool.
Not sure what your undertone is? There are a few easy ways to find out. First, take a look at the veins in your wrists. If they appear green, then you have warm undertones. If they appear blue or purple, then you have cool undertones. And if you can't really tell whether they're green or blue, then you have neutral undertones.
You can also hold a white piece of paper up to your face. If your face looks like it has a yellow cast, then you're warm; if it looks pinkish, then you're cool; and if it looks even all over, then you're neutral.
Once you've determined your undertone, finding the right foundation shade becomes much easier. If you have warm undertones, look for foundations with yellow or golden hues. If you have cool undertones, look for foundations with pink or red hues. And if you have neutral undertones, any foundation shade will work for you.
The BAILY COSMETICS natural foundation comes in 24 unique shades made to fit diverse natural skin tones, so there's sure to be a perfect match for everyone no matter their undertone.
1. Warm Undertone
If your skin has hints of yellow or golden, you have a warm undertone.
2. Cool Undertone
If pinks, blues, and purples are the dominant colours that peek through your skin, you have a cool undertone.
3. Neutral Undertone
If you have a mix of both, warm and cool hues, you have a neutral undertone.
There are a variety of ways in which you can test your undertone to know the right kind of foundation you should use for natural makeup. Some of the most common ways are – checking your veins, testing jewelry, or testing your skin against white paper.
The best way to find your perfect foundation is to test it out in natural light. This will help you see how the foundation looks on your skin and if it matches your undertone. You can also ask for a sample from the makeup counter so that you can try it out at home before buying it.
There are three types of undertones: warm, cool, and neutral. To find your undertone, look at the veins in your wrist. If they appear green, you have a warm undertone. If they look blue, you have a cool undertone. And if you can't really tell, then you have a neutral undertone.
Now that you know your undertone, it's time to find the right foundation! If you have a warm undertone, you'll want to choose a foundation with a yellow or golden base. If you have a cool undertone, look for a foundation with a pink or red base. And if you're lucky enough to have a neutral undertone, any type of foundation will work for you.
Foundations with a dewy finish impart a radiant and natural glowing look to your face. They have a natural looking shine from within and these are some of the best foundations for dry skin. Dewy foundations add a youthful glow to the face and make your skin look soft and healthy.
Matte foundation has little to no shine which is why it is one of the most preferred foundations for oily skin. Matte natural foundations tend to minimize the appearance of your pores. You can try the BAILY COSMETICS Foundations, one of the best natural foundations for oily skin.
There are three main types of natural foundation: sheer, medium, and full coverage. Sheer foundations are great for everyday wear and offer a very natural finish. Medium coverage foundations are perfect for special occasions or when you want a bit more coverage than usual. Full coverage foundations are ideal for hiding blemishes or other imperfections.
When choosing a natural foundation, it's important to consider your skin type and the level of coverage you need. If you have dry skin, you may want to opt for a foundation with a dewy finish. If you have oily skin, you may want to choose a foundation with a matte finish. And if you have sensitive skin, you may want to choose a hypoallergenic foundation.
The most important thing to remember when choosing a natural foundation is to find one that matches your skin tone. The best way to do this is to test the foundation on your jawline and blend it out. If the foundation disappears into your skin, it's a good match!
1. Sheer/Light Coverage
If you do not have too much discolouration or natural hyperpigmentation and have little to no blemishes and acne scars, opt for a sheer or light coverage natural foundation. These natural foundations have a very low colour pigmentation which lets your skin peek through after application. It offers the most natural and skin-like finish to your skin.
2. Medium Coverage
Medium coverage natural foundations have a slightly higher level of opacity but they still maintain a skin-like finish. Most medium coverage natural foundations are also buildable and can be layered to create a full coverage look.
For example, the BAILY COSMETICS Foundation is a natural-looking, medium coverage liquid foundation that can be layered to increase coverage according to your liking.
3. Full Coverage
Full coverage natural foundation makeup completely covers your skin and hides all imperfections. These natural foundations have a high concentration of pigment and give you a flawless and even complexion.
Before you even start to apply natural foundation makeup, make sure your face is clean and prepped. Wash your face using a gentle cleanser and apply moisturiser as you would normally do. Clean and hydrated skin is important for a flawless natural foundation application. Wait for around 5 – 10 minutes for the foundation to get completely absorbed into your skin before you start applying natural foundation.
1. Apply a lightweight primer to create a smooth canvas for your natural foundation makeup. Use a pore filling and blurring primer for oily skin and a hydrating primer for dry skin. A primer improves the longevity of your face foundation and helps it last all day. Try the BAILY COSMETICS - Primer to blur away your skin concerns, smooth out your skin’s texture, and refine the look and feel of your skin.
2. Choose your natural foundation and apply a few dots of the natural foundation makeup to the centre of your face. Focus your coverage in the centre of your forehead, nose, and chin area, and blend it outwards. Use a natural foundation brush or a damp beauty sponge to blend the natural foundation. You can add more natural foundation to the rest of your face if you have pigmentation or scarring. The key is to give you an even complexion without making your natural makeup base look heavy or unnatural.
3. While applying your natural handmade foundation makeup, remember to use small bouncing or stippling motion to blend the foundation in. Dragging your foundation brush or your makeup sponge along your face in a “painting” motion will make your foundation look streaky.
4. Wait for the natural foundation to dry before setting it with power. If you have dry and flaky skin, we advise you to skip this step. You can set your under-eye concealer with powder if you need to.
5. Once you are done applying the rest of your makeup, lock everything in place using a makeup setting spray.
Natural & Vegan
1. Always blend your natural foundation down to your neck to avoid a harsh natural foundation line along your jawline. And don’t forget your ears!
2. When buying natural foundation, swatch the different shades along your jawline or from your cheek to your neck. This ensures that your face foundation matches your neck.
3. If you have a medium or full coverage natural foundation that you want to sheer out, mix a few drops of the natural foundation to your moisturiser. This makes your foundation look like a tinted moisturiser or a BB cream.
4. When finding a natural foundation match, wait for around 5-10 minutes after swatching to make sure the foundation does not oxidise. Oxidising is the chemical reaction of the foundation makeup with the oxygen in the air that makes it turn darker or more orange. The best foundation match for your face would be the one that retains its colour even after a few minutes.